The author, a very widely respected martial artist, has selected a number of “teaching tales” from Asian traditions. These deal with the relationship of master and disciple, the nature of dedication, the analysis of goals, the meaning of awards, and other “internal” issues. The author ends his Introduction with, “Let us now attend to the heart of the matter, as we recognize that the growth of art flowers exclusively from within. This book will speak to all true seekers of the essence of martial-arts training, be they from West or East.” Republished in 2002.
- Publisher: Charles E. Tuttle Co.
- Publication Year: 1993, 2002
- ISBN-10: 0804818916, 0804834652
- ISBN-13: 9780804818919, 9780804834650
- ASIN (Kindle): B008DYDSD6
- Pages: 163
- Available Bindings: Paperback, Kindle