This is one of the most popular Aikido books of all time. Originally published as a pocket-sized volume (see photo with yellow cover), a full-sized softcover edition (see photo with white cover – 93pp, ISBN#1570629641) was published in 1992. The book is a collection of writings and quotations by O’Sensei, translated and edited by John Stevens Sensei.
The book consists of a series of proverbs by O’Sensei, the sequence of which varies from one publication to another. Many of the proverbs are presented in a form of Japanese verse called “doka”. Illustrations are limited to depictions of kanji symbols.
Hardback edition (see photo with maroon cover – 184pp, was added in 2005. The 2010 hardback edition (white cover/red title) comes with an audio reading on CD.
- Publisher: Shambhala
- Publication Year: 1992, 2005, 2010, 2011
- ISBN-10: 0877738513, 1590304489, 1590301447, 1590308921
- ISBN-13: 9780877738510, 9781590304488, 9781590301449, 9781590308929
- ASIN (Kindle): B004QWZDTQ
- Pages: 127 & 93
- Available Bindings: Paperback, Pocket paperback, Hardcover, Hardcover w/CD, Kindle, Nook