“This comprehensive bibliography of books on aikido and related topics is the labor of love of Mr. Clark Bateman. Mr. Bateman’s personal collection of aikido works is without equal, and contains almost every tome thus far published on aikido in the English language. As a result of his incredible investment of time and resources, the worldwide aikido community has a priceless resource to consult to gather reliable information on virtually every facet of this fascinating subject.”
— Stanley Pranin, (1945-2017) Editor, Aikido Journal
I wish to thank Stanley Pranin Sensei for his encouragement and support over these many years, and I pledge to continue this effort in his memory, and with profound respect — Clark Bateman
Some tips to help you navigate this site:
- To go directly to the listings and browse, click on the “Bibliography Content” button at the top right of the page. Currently, listings appear starting with the most recently posted and working backwards until the beginning of time…
- To undertake a keyword search, click on the green search button at top right, and enter your desired keyword.
- To search by content tags, click a selection in the tag cloud at the top of the left margin of the page.
- To search by Author, use the Select Category drop-down menu in the left margin of the page.
- You can click on the links in the left margin for Most Recent Titles or Most Recent Comments/Reviews to go directly to those items.
- Within individual listings, if there are presently any associated Comments or Reviews, you can see them by clicking on the Comments icon (it’s just below the listing title).
- You can add your own Comment or Review by clicking on that same Comments icon. Note: All Comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.
- All photos within the listings may be viewed larger simply by clicking on them.
About adding your content:
- Comments and Reviews can be submitted directly within each listing. Please be brief and write in English. We may edit your comment for spelling, grammar or content before posting. No marketing will be permitted in the Comments, although links to locations where those more obscure items may be purchased are generally accepted..
- If you would care to contribute a new listing, or additional info, photos or corrections to an existing listing, please e-mail them to email@example.com. We’d love to hear about an edition, binding or cover art that we don’t yet show on the site, so bring it on! We will edit any submitted info to fit our standard formatting.
- If you would like to let us know about a new book, or you have suggestions for improvement of this site, please also use the above e-mail link.
- While we encourage frank and honest comments to posts, those that are deemed inflammatory or disrespectful may be edited or disallowed.
- Remember that we are at this time only providing listings for books that are published in English or Bi/Tri-lingual formats. Also, novels or other works of fiction are generally excluded.